The Australian cricketers performed rather poorly in the 2010-11 Ashes Series against the English. Bear in mind that England has a population almost three times that of Australia.
Not surprisingly a raft of jokes is now circulating at the expense of the Aussie cricketers. A regular Quezi reader, Probo, has made sure that we are acquainted with these. For some reason, these jokes seem to be almost the same as traditional English Cricket Jokes.
- What is the main function of the Australian coach?
To transport the team from the hotel to the ground.
- What do you call an Australian with a champagne bottle in his hand?
- Who spends the most time on the crease?
The woman who irons the Australian team’s cricket whites.
- Why don’t Aussie fielders need travel injections?
Because they never catch anything.
- What’s the Aussie version of a hat trick?
in three balls.
- What do Aussie batsmen and drug addicts have in common?
They spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come from.
- What is the most proficient footwork displayed by Australian batsmen?
The walk back to the pavilion.
- What did the spectator miss when he went to the toilet?
The entire Australian innings.
- What is the definition of optimism?
An Aussie batsman putting on sunscreen before going out to bat.
- What’s the difference between and Aussie batsman and a formula 1 car?
Nothing! If you blink you’ll miss both.
Need research? Quezi's researchers can answer your questions at uclue.com