Diabetes in the United States (photo by GDS Infographics- CC-BY)
According to the National Diabetes Fact Sheet 2011, diabetes affects 25.8 million people in the U.S.
Total Prevalence of Diabetes in the United States, All Ages, 2010
- Total: 25.8 million people – 8.3% percent of the U.S. population has diabetes.
- Diagnosed diabetes: 18.8 million people
- Undiagnosed diabetes: 7.0 million people
13 million men have diabetes or 11.8% of all men aged 20 years or older.
12.6 million women have diabetes or 10.8% of all women aged 20 years or older.
Incidence of Diabetes in the United States in 2010
1.9 million new cases of diabetes were diagnosed in people aged 20 years or older in 2010.
Estimated diabetes costs in the United States 2007
- Total (direct and indirect) $174 billion
- Direct medical costs $116
- Indirect costs $58 billion (disability, work loss, premature mortality)
According to a study in The Lancet, 347 million people worldwide have diabetes.
The International Diabetes Federation provides an spreadsheet with the number of people that have diabetes by region and by country.
According to the World Health Organization WHO , the top 10 countries in numbers of people with diabetes are:
- What are some statistics on the number of veterinarians in the United States?
How many veterinarians are there in the United States?
According to the latest data from the BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook 2012-13, veterinarians held 61,400 jobs in 2010. Eighty-one pe...
- What are some statistics on the number of dentists in the United States?
How many dentists are there in the United States?
According to the latest data from the BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11, dentists held about 141,900 jobs in 2008
Dentists, general 120,...
- How many Tuberculosis (TB) cases and deaths are reported in the U.S. and worldwide each year?
According to the CDC, 11,182 cases of Tuberculosis were reported in the U.S. in 2010.
Year Number of cases
- How many students are homeschooled in the United States?
According to the 2007 NHES survey, an estimated 1.5 million students are homeschooled in the United States. In this survey students are considered to be homeschooled "if their parents report...
- What is the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure performed in the United States?
According to the ASPS 2010 plastic surgery statistics report, the most popular cosmetic surgical procedure performed in 2010 was breast augmentation (augmentation mammaplasty).
Need research? Quezi's researchers can answer your questions at uclue.com
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Leave a Reply