A Vision of the Web in 2008 (poster by Paul Downey - CC-BY)
These prominent people died in 2008:
- 11th: Edmund Hillary, 88 (mountaineer)
- 17th: Bobby Fischer, 64 (chess champion)
- 19th: Arthur C Clarke, 90 (science fiction author)
- 23rd: Neil Aspinall, 66 (Beatles’ manager)
- 5th: Charlton Heston, 84 (actor)
- 24th: Dick Martin, 86 (entertainer)
- 1st: Yves St Laurent, 71 (fashion designer)
- 2nd: Bo Diddley, 79 (musician)
- 22nd: George Carlin, 71 (actor and comedian)
- 6th: Bob Ackles, 69 (footballer)
- 25th: Randy Pausch, 47 (inspirational professor)
- 3rd: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, 89 (dissident novelist)
- 9th: Bernie Mac, 50 (comedian)
- 1st: Don LaFontaine, 68 (actor)
- 26th: Paul Newman, 83 (actor)
- 11th: Jorg Haider, 58 (Austrian politician)
- 17th: Levi Stubbs, 72 (lead singer of the Four Tops)
- 25th: Anne Pressly, 26 (newsreader)
- 1st: Jacques Piccard, 86 (ocean explorer)
- 18th: W. Mark Felt, 95 (Watergate Deep Throat)
- What’s the story of the 1958 hiker?
"The 1958 Hiker" is a story about a hiker who lost his map. As he drifted off to sleep that night, a visitor from the year 2008 taunted him with revelations of the future. This article […]
- Who was Ramses the Great?
Few pharaohs, or even later rulers, were ever associated with so many events and monumental building projects as User-maat-re Setepen-re Ramessu Meryamun, known to us today as Ramses […]
- Who was Aimee Semple McPherson?
Aimee Semple McPherson was one of the earliest prominent female pastors in the United States and the founder of a Christian denomination that today claims more than 5 million members […]
- Who was Junipero Serra?
Fr. Junípero Serra was born on the Island of Majorca in 1713.
He entered the Franciscan Order, later ordained and received the degree of Doctor of Theology from Lullian University […]
- Who was Harriet Tubman?
Harriet Tubman was born as Harriet Ross in Maryland. She was born into slavery.
Later she won international fame as an Underground Railroad operative.
Working as a field slave, […]
Need research? Quezi's researchers can answer your questions at uclue.com
RSS feed for comments on this post.