A Vision of the Web in 2008 (poster by Paul Downey - CC-BY)
These prominent people died in 2008:
- 11th: Edmund Hillary, 88 (mountaineer)
- 17th: Bobby Fischer, 64 (chess champion)
- 19th: Arthur C Clarke, 90 (science fiction author)
- 23rd: Neil Aspinall, 66 (Beatles’ manager)
- 5th: Charlton Heston, 84 (actor)
- 24th: Dick Martin, 86 (entertainer)
- 1st: Yves St Laurent, 71 (fashion designer)
- 2nd: Bo Diddley, 79 (musician)
- 22nd: George Carlin, 71 (actor and comedian)
- 6th: Bob Ackles, 69 (footballer)
- 25th: Randy Pausch, 47 (inspirational professor)
- 3rd: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, 89 (dissident novelist)
- 9th: Bernie Mac, 50 (comedian)
- 1st: Don LaFontaine, 68 (actor)
- 26th: Paul Newman, 83 (actor)
- 11th: Jorg Haider, 58 (Austrian politician)
- 17th: Levi Stubbs, 72 (lead singer of the Four Tops)
- 25th: Anne Pressly, 26 (newsreader)
- 1st: Jacques Piccard, 86 (ocean explorer)
- 18th: W. Mark Felt, 95 (Watergate Deep Throat)
- What's the story of the 1958 hiker?
"The 1958 Hiker" is a story about a hiker who lost his map. As he drifted off to sleep that night, a visitor from the year 2008 taunted him with revelations of the future. This article was previously...
- Who was Aimee Semple McPherson?
Aimee Semple McPherson was one of the earliest prominent female pastors in the United States and the founder of a Christian denomination that today claims more than 5 million members in more than ...
- Are there any statues of famous Americans I can visit in London?
There are indeed. After all, there are many historical and cultural links between the two countries. Here are six of them which you can find while visiting London.
Statue of Abraham Lincoln in ...
- What famous people went to the University of Cambridge?
Cambridge University has produced over 80 Nobel Prize winners, so it's hard to know where to begin when assembling a list of notable Cambridge University alumni. And that's before considering the ...
- Who was Junipero Serra?
Fr. Junípero Serra was born on the Island of Majorca in 1713.
He entered the Franciscan Order, later ordained and received the degree of Doctor of Theology from Lullian University at Palma
Need research? Quezi's researchers can answer your questions at uclue.com
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Leave a Reply