- 17 percent of adults are actively banking via mobile devices.
- Forrester expects more than 50 million mobile bankers in the U.S. by 2015.
- The top four banks are Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Citibank (1)
The adoption of mobile banking increased by 63% in 2011, rising to 57 million from 35 million U.S. adults.
Mobile banking is projected to increase at a steady compound annual growth rate of 10.3% percent in the next five years. (2);
According to Juniper Research, there will be 530 million mobile banking users worldwide in 2013, up from 300 million in 2011. (3)
Berg Insight estimates the number of active users of mobile banking and related financial services worldwide will be 894 million in 2015. (4)
- According to Alix Partners, 50 percent of consumers will use mobile banking by 2016.
- Mobile banking is mostly used by younger consumers.
- Twenty-nine percent of consumers aged 26-34 use mobile banking.
- Ten percent of consumers 45-54 years old use mobile banking.
- Thirty-five of all smartphone owners in the US used mobile banking in the fourth quarter of 2011 (5)
Bank of America has 10 million mobile banking customers, more than any other bank. (6)
During 2012, Bank of America is adding 43,000 new active mobile customers per week. (7)
An estimated 33 million Americans use their mobiles for banking, which is almost 14% of all US mobile users.
Mobile banking apps increased 45% to 12.7 million users by the end of June 2011.
In the UK, 25% of mobile Internet users use mobile banking. (8)
12.7 million mobile users use banking apps. This is an increase of 45 percent from the fourth quarter of 2010. (9)
According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, more people will interact with their banks digitally than through branches on 2015. (10)
North America, Western Europe and the Far East & China will have the highest penetration of mobile banking users in 2016.(11)
According to The Federal Reserve survey, Non-Hispanic black and Hispanic users have an disproportionately high rate of adoption of mobile banking. Hispanic users, who make up 12.8% of all mobile phone users, represent 17.1% share of those using mobile banking. (12)
Need research? Quezi's researchers can answer your questions at uclue.com