Hospital sign (photo by Paul8032 -CC-BY)
According to the America Hospital Association (AHA), there are 4,897 Community Hospitals out of a total of 5,708 registered hospitals in the U.S.
- Number of U.S. Community Hospitals – 4,897
- Number of Federal Government Hospitals – 213
- Number of Nonfederal Psychiatric Hospitals – 444
- Number of Nonfederal Long Term Care Hospitals – 136
- Number of Hospital Units of Institutions
- (Prison Hospitals, College Infirmaries, Etc.) – 18
There are a total of 945,199 staffed beds in all U.S. registered hospitals.
Over 37 million people (37,120,387) are admitted to all U.S. registered hospitals each year.
Some interesting hospital facts:
- Hospitals treat almost 118 million people in their emergency departments each year.
- Hospitals care for 481 million outpatients each year.
- Hospitals deliver over 4 million babies each year
- Hospitals employ more than 5 million people.
- There will be a projected shortage of one million registered nurses in the U.S. by the year 2020.
For information on U.S. hospitals by bed size
- What are some statistics on the number of veterinarians in the United States?
How many veterinarians are there in the United States?
According to the latest data from the BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook 2012-13, veterinarians held
generic cialis pill
61,400 jobs in 2010. E...
- What are some statistics on the number of dentists in the United States?
How many dentists are there in the United States?
According to the latest data from the BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11, dentists held about 141,900 jobs in 2008
- How many pharmacies are there in the United States?
There are more than 56,000 pharmacies in the United States. The NACDS reports that there are over 39,000 pharmacies operated by traditional chain pharmacy companies, supermarkets and mass merchan...
- How many motorcycles are stolen each year in the United States?
According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) 60,763 motorcycles were stolen in the U.S. in 2008. Motorcycle theft has been declining in last few years as shown in the figures below.
- How many credit cards and debit cards are there in the United States?
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there were 173 million credit cardholders in the United States in 2006 and that number is projected to grow to 181 million in 2010.(1)
Need research? Quezi's researchers can answer your questions at uclue.com
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
Leave a Reply